How to Write a College Application Essay
1. Start early. Begin your college application essay at least two months before the due date. This will give you plenty of time to brainstorm, draft, revise, and get feedback on your essay.
2. Brainstorm. Before you write your essay, take some time to brainstorm ideas. Think about your experiences, values, and passions. Consider what you want the admissions committee to know about you and why.
3. Choose a topic. Once you have brainstormed ideas, choose a topic that stands out to you. Make sure it is something that you can write about in depth and that will make your essay stand out.
4. Outline. Create an outline of your essay. This will help you stay organized and focused as you write.
5. Write. Start writing your essay. Make sure to use clear language and follow the essays prompt.
6. Revise. Once you have finished writing, read through your essay and make any necessary revisions. Ask someone else to read it as well and provide feedback.
7. Proofread. Once you have made all of your revisions, proofread your essay for any grammar or spelling errors.
8. Submit. Once you are satisfied with your essay, submit it to the admissions committee. Good luck!