A critical lens essay is a type of literary analysis paper. In this essay, you will be asked to analyze a quotation from a piece of literature. The essay should be written in a formal, academic style and should include a clear thesis statement and evidence from the text to support your analysis.
1. Read the quotation carefully. Make sure you understand the meaning and context of the quotation.
2. Brainstorm ideas. Think about how the quotation applies to the text you are analyzing. Also consider any other interpretations of the quotation that could be relevant to the text.
3. Develop a thesis statement. This statement should clearly express your interpretation of the quotation and how it applies to the text you are analyzing.
4. Create an outline. This will help you organize your thoughts and ensure that your essay flows logically.
5. Write the essay. Introduce the quotation and your interpretation of it. Then provide evidence from the text to support your analysis. Make sure to explain how each piece of evidence supports your interpretation.
6. Conclude the essay. Summarize your main points and explain how they support your interpretation of the quotation.
7. Edit and proofread. Make sure your essay is free of any grammar or spelling errors.