1. Begin by brainstorming: Make a list of the similarities and differences between the two topics.
2. Choose a topic: Decide which of the similarities and differences you want to focus on in your essay.
3. Create an outline: Outline the points you want to make in your essay.
4. Write the introduction: Introduce the two topics and explain why they are being compared and contrasted.
5. Write the body of the essay: Use your outline to write the body of your essay. Make sure to provide evidence and examples to support your points.
6. Write the conclusion: Summarize the main points of your essay and draw a conclusion.
7. Proofread and edit: Make sure to proofread and edit your essay for grammar, spelling, and other errors.