Writing a good introduction to an essay can hook the reader, creating a desire for more. Thats why it is important to craft the best introduction possible. A good introduction to an essay should accomplish the following:
1. Capture the reader’s attention. You can start with a quote, a question, a few lines of dialogue, or a statement.
2. Introduce the topic. Let the reader know what the essay will be about.
3. Provide background information. Give the reader a general sense of what the topic is about and why it is important.
4. Establish your point of view. Make sure the reader knows what your opinion is on the subject.
5. Give a preview of the essays main points. Let the reader know what to expect in the rest of the essay.
By following these steps, you can craft a compelling introduction that will engage your readers and make them want to read more.