The introduction of a paper is the first thing your readers will encounter and should provide a brief overview of the paper’s main points. It should also provide an introduction to the topic and explain why the paper is important.
1. Begin with an attention-grabbing statement or question.
2. Provide a brief overview of the main points of the paper.
3. Explain why the topic is important and why readers should care.
4. Provide some background information on the topic.
5. Establish the context of the paper by providing a brief overview of the current state of the topic.
6. Describe the purpose of the paper and provide an overview of the main points.
7. End the introduction with a strong thesis statement that summarizes the main points of the paper.