A reaction paper is a type of written assignment, which requires personal opinion and conclusions on a given article or abstract. Unlike a summary, a reaction paper should contain your own thoughts on the problem, discussed in the text.
1. Read the text carefully and make sure that you understand it.
2. Write down your initial reactions and impressions.
3. Analyze the text, paying attention to its main points and arguments.
4. Formulate an opinion on the text.
5. Write a thesis statement that will reflect your opinion about the text.
6. Write your reaction paper, using your thesis statement as a guide. Support your opinion with evidence from the text.
7. Make sure that your paper is well-structured and organized.
8. Summarize your main points and restate your thesis statement.
9. Check your paper for grammar and spelling mistakes.