Writing a research paper in MLA style is a bit different from other formats. The Modern Language Association (MLA) has established specific guidelines for formatting and citing sources in research papers. Here are the basic steps for writing an MLA research paper:
1. Choose a topic. Before you can begin writing, you need to decide on a topic for your paper. Make sure it is something you are interested in and that you can find enough sources about.
2. Do research. Once you have chosen a topic, you need to gather information about it. Use reliable sources such as books, journal articles, and websites. Take notes as you go along so you can easily reference the sources later.
3. Create an outline. To help organize your thoughts and make writing easier, create an outline of your paper. This should include the main points you want to make and the order in which you plan to make them.
4. Write your paper. Using the outline as a guide, begin writing your paper. Make sure to include in-text citations when you use outside sources.
5. Format your paper. Before you submit your paper, make sure it is formatted correctly. This includes double spacing, 12-point font, 1-inch margins, and page numbers.
6. Proofread and edit. Before you submit your paper, read it over carefully and make any necessary corrections.
Following these steps will help you create an effective research paper in MLA style. Good luck!