A Rogerian essay is a type of argumentative essay that attempts to find a middle ground between two opposing sides. The goal of a Rogerian essay is to create a dialogue between the two sides and come to a compromise.
1. Start by researching the topic. Make sure you have a clear understanding of both sides of the argument.
2. Create an outline. This will help you organize your thoughts and present your argument in a clear and concise manner.
3. Introduce the topic. Begin your essay by introducing the topic and presenting both sides of the argument.
4. Present your own views. Explain your own views on the topic and why you feel they are valid.
5. Find common ground. Find points of agreement between the two sides and explain how these points can be used to create a compromise.
6. Present a solution. Provide a solution that both sides can agree on.
7. Conclude. Summarize the main points of your argument and explain why the solution you have proposed is the best one.
Following these steps will help you write a successful Rogerian essay. Remember to be open-minded and try to find common ground between the two sides. Good luck!