A summary response essay is an essay that combines both summary and response. It is an essay that takes a position on a topic and then provides a summary of the main points of the argument. The essay then responds to the points made in the summary.
1. Read the source material thoroughly and make notes. As you read, identify the main points and arguments made in the source material.
2. Create an outline for your essay. Start by writing a thesis statement that states your position on the topic. Then, create an outline of the main points you want to make in your essay.
3. Write the summary. Begin by summarizing the main points of the source material. Make sure to use your own words and avoid simply copying and pasting the source material.
4. Write the response. After summarizing the source material, begin to respond to the points made in the summary. Make sure to include your own opinion and analysis.
5. Conclude the essay. Summarize your main points and restate your thesis statement.
6. Edit and proofread your essay. Make sure that your essay is free of any grammar and spelling errors.