1. Read the short story: Before you start writing, make sure you read the short story carefully and take notes on the characters, plot, setting, and any other elements that are important to the story.
2. Choose a thesis statement: Your thesis statement should be the main point of your analysis essay. It should be a statement that expresses your opinion about the short story and what you plan to prove in your essay.
3. Develop an outline: An outline will help you organize your thoughts and make sure your essay is coherent. Start by writing down your main points and then add supporting details and examples.
4. Write your essay: Start by introducing the main points of your essay and then move on to your analysis. Make sure to provide evidence from the story to back up your points.
5. Edit and revise: Once you have written your essay, read it through and make sure it makes sense. Check for any grammar or spelling mistakes and make sure everything flows logically.
6. Proofread: Finally, read through your essay one last time and make sure everything is perfect.