An explanatory essay is an essay that explains a process, event, or concept. It is important to note that an explanatory essay does not require the writer to take a stance on the topic, but rather to explain it in an unbiased manner.
1. Choose a topic: The first step in writing an explanatory essay is to choose a topic. Consider topics that are interesting to you, and that you have knowledge about or can research.
2. Research: Once you have chosen a topic, you should research it thoroughly. This will help you gain a better understanding of the topic and provide you with evidence to support your explanations.
3. Create an outline: Creating an outline will help you organize your thoughts and plan out your essay. It should include an introduction, body paragraphs, and a conclusion.
4. Write the introduction: Your introduction should provide background information on the topic and explain why it is important.
5. Write the body paragraphs: In the body paragraphs, provide a detailed explanation of the topic. Use evidence from your research to support your explanations.
6. Write the conclusion: In the conclusion, summarize the main points of your essay and provide a final thought on the topic.
7. Edit and revise: After you have written your essay, it is important to edit and revise it. This will help ensure that your essay is clear and concise.