1. Choose a topic: Before you can begin writing an argumentative essay, you must choose a topic that has more than one side to it. You must be able to present two sides of an issue and choose one side to argue for.
2. Do your research: Once you have chosen a topic, you must do some research to familiarize yourself with the issue. You should read up on both sides of the issue and form your own opinion.
3. Create an outline: Before you begin writing your essay, it is important to create an outline of your main points and arguments. This will help you to stay on track and make sure that your essay is organized and flows well.
4. Introduce your topic: In the introduction of your essay, you should provide background information about your topic and explain why it is important. You should also introduce your thesis statement and provide a brief overview of your main arguments.
5. Present your arguments: In the body of your essay, you should present your arguments and provide evidence to support them. Make sure to address any counterarguments and refute them.
6. Conclude your essay: In the conclusion of your essay, you should summarize your main points and restate your thesis. You should also explain why your side of the argument is the correct one.