1. Begin by brainstorming: Make a list of the similarities and differences between the two topics.
2. Develop a thesis statement: Your thesis should make a claim about the two topics you are comparing and contrasting and should state what you will be discussing in your essay.
3. Outline your essay: Organize your essay by writing an outline. This will help you determine the main points and include them in the introduction, body, and conclusion of your essay.
4. Write an introduction: Introduce the two topics and provide some background information about them.
5. Write the body paragraphs: Use the points from your outline to write the body of your essay. Make sure to include evidence to support your claims.
6. Write a conclusion: Summarize the main points of your essay and provide a final thought or opinion.
7. Edit and proofread: Carefully review your essay for any mistakes or errors.