Dialogue can be used in essays to bring life to the characters and to help the reader understand the point of view of the characters in a story.
When including dialogue in an essay, it is important to keep the following rules in mind:
1. Use quotation marks to indicate the words that are spoken by the characters.
2. Introduce the speaker before the dialogue.
3. Use proper punctuation and capitalization when writing dialogue.
4. Make sure to include context before the dialogue.
5. Vary the length of the dialogue to make it more interesting.
6. Make sure the dialogue is relevant to the story.
7. Use the dialogue to reveal character traits and move the plot forward.
8. Don’t forget to include the speaker’s actions and expressions.
By following these rules, you will be able to create engaging dialogue that will help bring your story to life.