In persuasive writing, a writer takes a position FOR or AGAINST an issue and writes to convince the reader to believe or do something. Persuasive writing is often used in advertisements to get the reader to buy a product. It is also used in essays and other types of writing to get the reader to accept a point of view. In order to write a successful persuasive essay, the writer must understand the readers perspective.
1. Should college athletes be paid for their performance?
2. Should school uniforms be mandatory in all schools?
3. Should the drinking age be lowered to 18?
4. Should students be able to grade their teachers?
5. Should the use of performance-enhancing drugs in sports be allowed?
6. Should the death penalty be abolished?
7. Should the voting age be lowered to 16?
8. Should the use of cell phones in public places be banned?
9. Should schools offer fast food options like McDonalds and Taco Bell?
10. Should the US have stricter gun control laws?